Monet, Gaugin, Modigliani, Leonardo, Tintoretto all great artists and students of traditional oil painting classes.
Do you feel inspired by these names or their pictures, we can teach how to create artworks that will cherish your eye for years to come.
Artacademy-USA divides oil painting classes into several categories:
- Painting classes - the primary medium is oil paints on canvas (mostly linen or cotton type fiber). These lessons will give you necessary skills to draw landscapes, portraits, still life, life models. For instance, you travel a lot but traditional photo won't transcend the beauty that you see. Feel free to paint the nature around you with acrylic or oil paints - you do not know how - we will teach you then.
- Acrylic painting classes - that color type is mostly for designers, abstract artists with large canvases because the paints dry 10 times faster than oils but it hardens the drawing process as you lack time for error.
- Watercolor painting classes - soft paints take its origin from Asia, specifically, China, require intermediate level skills - no need to worry, we can teach step by step aquarelle classes at the end of the module you receive ancient and beautiful technique in your hands.
Feeling passionate about improving your art skills but afraid to attend oil painting classes?
Training process in Artacademy-USA corresponds your level, therefore, on an initial oil painting class, we can negotiate whether beginner or intermediate class required for your needs. Then, with you, the type of artwork, photo materials will be chosen from our catalog. There is a possibility to bring your own infographics e.g. photos of landscapes, well-known paintings of impressionist, still lifes. With our art instructors, you will be able to paint anything as special program ща art class will be designed.
Are there any age restrictions for painting classes in NYC art studios?
We do have an age restriction. Childre over 15 years can attend, those under that age can take private sessions due to the nature of art class and the program that we offer for adults. We do open for all age groups, do not be confused as we see a number of visitors from elderly people or younger generation all share one passion and goal - beauty in artistic expression.
What materials are used for oil painting classes?
Mostly imported, PEBEO French oil paints, special odorless spirits to dissolve the oils, no smell additives, palettes, pallet knifes, all Italian made. Special brushes for oil painting, some are synthetic some are natural. Canvases (cotton or linen). Coil for preliminary drawing. Materials are antiallergic. Contact with skin is not a problem as they all can be washed with simple soap and some spirit. To guard your clothes, we provide aprons as additional garments.
Oil painting lessons for beginners or for pros?
Everyone who dares to attend painting lessons asked oneself a question whether my initial preparation, skills would be enough to barge in an already compiled group of art enthusiast?
- If everyone will laugh at my paintings and inability to depict what I want?
- What if my oil painting lessons watched at home didn't give me enough virtuosity to draw portrait at my first lessons?
- What if art instructor will be rude to me pointing at my weaknesses?
- Can I master oil painting as they have a complex structure and sometimes require additives, palette knifes, spirits etc...?
In Artacademy-USA one can count on decent, respectful attitude to any age, skill or genre. Our goal is to help you accept that everything is possible, and our step by step program with partial academic drawing lessons for still life painting, drawing lessons of plaster faces and face parts for portraits painting classes will fill the gap in the basic knowledge required to address any art task our there.
How do we begin oil painting lessons?
We expect you to have fun alongside with basic knowledge accumulation process. The initial class will start with a question on what you wish to paint?
For instance, a landscape in impressionist manner was selected from our catalog. This type of artwork expects you to master palette knife drawing technique.
- A preliminary drawing on canvas with charcoal has to be completed.
- Afterwards, an underpainting is done to prepare the artwork for palette knife.
- A large amount of paint is applied to the canvas with brushes and special thin palette knifes if the actual artwork size is small.
- Let the painting dry for 5-7 days inside our studio.
During this process, you will learn how to prepare an initial drawing, underpainting, step-by-step drawing with a palette knife and details with a small brush.